By adopting and implementing our Equality and Diversity Policy we will secure the following objectives:
- Ensure equality and diversity issues are integral to all that we do as a service provider and employer.
- To ensure that no person or group of people applying for services, employment, or a contract will be treated less fairly than any other person or group of people because of age, disability, race, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or any other condition now justified in law or relevant to our work.
Equality and Diversity Statement
Shephard & Moyes Ltd is committed to ensuring and promoting equality of opportunity for all. We are therefore opposed to discrimination on any grounds, including race, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any unjustifiable criteria. We are committed to developing a culture that values people from all sections of society and the contribution which each individual can make. We will also seek to apply these values to work undertaken with our partners or on our behalf by our subcontractors.
- We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity and access to all our services.
- We recognise that differences between people must be respected and that everyone has the right to their distinctive and diverse identities.
- We value diversity within the community and organisation and recognise that it can enrich people’s experiences and lives.
- We realise that equality of opportunity and management of diversity are vital to the promotion of an inclusive society and the reduction of disadvantage.
- We want to continue to develop good relationships based on integrity and equality.
- We will work towards the elimination of discrimination, and want to ensure that no one receives less favourable treatment, prejudice, discrimination, or suffers any other disadvantage on the grounds of:
- Race, colour, ethnic origin or nationality.
- Disability, whether mental or physical.
- Religion and other beliefs.
- Marital or family status.
- Sexuality or sexual preference.
- Age, physical appearance or other characteristics.
- Illness such as HIV and AIDS.
- We will make our services accessible and responsive to the needs of the communities with whom we work and individuals using our services as customers, employees or subcontractors.
- We will ensure that equality and diversity issues are mainstreamed into all areas of work and built into the overall drive for continuous improvement.
- This will improve our ability to deliver good quality services.
Shephard & Moyes will ensure that as a management consultancy provider and as an employer, we abide by all current relevant equalities legislation, including the Equality Act and employment law.
The person responsible for Equal Opportunities is: Claire Moyes, Director.
Last updated: 1st May 2023
THIS POLICY IS REVIEWED ANNUALLY BY THE COMPANY DIRECTORS